Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day at the Races



It was a near perfect day at the races, track races that is. It would have been perfect had my son been running, but he is nursing an injury. As I sat there, I realized how difficult it is for all of us, especially young men, to gauge when they should sit out and rest and when they should try their luck. I'm glad he chose the conservative route. I think it was a good day for the rest of our kids that ran, although I'm sure they would always be happier with faster times. This was probably the most relaxing meet I've been to since all I had to do was watch other people's kids racing and take pictures, which are posted on my gallery. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was a beautiful day for a track meet. I hope your son recovers quickly from his injury, they need him for prelims next week. The pictures were nice, I showed them to the friends that came over to study with my son. Still waiting for a picture of yours running, I may have to take that one.