Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Leaping Lizards!


Okay, you know it's officially Spring when you see a ton of lizards all over the place. "C" missed our run today and also missed an opportunity to see me and Patty scream like little girls at the same time. As Patty and I started our run, two or three lizards zigzagged and ran right under our feet. The poor lizards were scrambling not knowing where to go and Patty and I were hopping and leaping trying to avoid them. Unfortunately, we were still in the park area and I'm sure enough people heard us screaming too. . . how embarrassing. I can't imagine what it would be like to actually step on one. Yuk! Well we were more alert to what was in front of us from there on. We ran a 4 mile loop to the west side of the river trail, down to Decoro, back up the east side, and up the dirt power line trail. It was very humid out, but it wasn't as hot as it has been the last couple of days and there was a nice breeze the whole way. Oh, and I'm happy to report that there were no more lizard encounters, which I'm sure the lizards are happy about too.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was an obstacle course out there, and the bugs are out also. If not for the humidity it would have been very nice running weather, we missed you C.