Saturday, May 2, 2009

No Eggs Please

Patty and I did a longer run today. "C" was busy this morning, but we're hoping we can get in a run together tomorrow morning. As Patty and I finished our 7 mile run from Peet's, I looked over at her and asked "Do you want to get an egg sandwich?" and the look on her face reflected what I was feeling. After a long run in the hot, humid air the last thing on your mind are eggs. The thought was just unappealing. I know that's what we're supposed to eat instead of those wonderfully delicious pastries at Peet's, but our stomachs just weren't in the mood. I'm sure the lattes were close enough with all the protein from the milk and we obviously got our carbs from the pastries. Can you tell I'm trying to justify our reasoning? Anyhow, it was a pretty good run. It got better when we turned around at the halfway point so that the breeze was in our face rather than at our backs. We managed a decent pace of 9.3 overall for the seven miles. It was comforting to know that we can go out and run 7 without too much trouble, but then I asked Patty if she felt like she could do 10, the answer was a very strong "no!".

3 comments:

Patty said...

It was a nice day for a run, kind of humid so the breeze on the way back was really appreciated. I felt good until the last mile, when my legs just felt weak and sore. I know that I didn't eat properly last night and I could feel it. It is hard for me to put thought into what I eat, but it so important. My #5 son had the opposite problem last night at his basketball game, too much pizza before the game. Oh well, maybe someday I will get it right. I can't complain about the run, good pace and the coffee and conversation afterward, it is a good way to start the day. A 10 mile run would not have worked today, but then again, I am kind of conservative!

marathon mom said...

I forgot to mention that we got the "extra" special touch at Peet's today by getting offered our coffee in glass mugs and pastries on plates! They must think we're regulars now, even though we're runners and not cyclists. Seems as though Peet's is a cyclists' hangout and they don't seem to like us runner's on "their" trails.

Patty said...

Just don't try and take my latte! It is nice to know that someone is watching out for me. Just found out that I am only half a snob, but I did like getting my coffee in a mug and next time I want my scone on a plate. Gotta say again that I truly love Peet's. Looking forward to a day off.