Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise!

We were leaderless this morning as Marathon Mom is home with a nasty virus. I met M and C for a run and after a short discussion we decided to run the "train bridge" loop starting from Valencia High. This was the run I had in mind before we met, so I was glad that everyone was up for it. Our friend M who suffers with arthritis in her hips and just about everywhere else, seemed especially perky this morning which never ceases to amaze me. We finished our run and other than the wind on the way back, it was very pleasant. We all agreed that starting at Valencia was much easier (mentally) than starting at Peet's. I don't have a clue about our pace, but I am going to say we did 5 miles (although my internal GPS thinks we may have cut a bit off with our route). I am happy that we got our run in, and that I have the rest of the day free. Get well Marathon Mom, we are ready for another run!

4 comments:

marathon mom said...

I'm glad you were able to go out and run without me. I hope you were done before this nasty wind kicked up. The doctor thinks I have the stomach flu. This was determined after I had to ingest this lovely green and lumpy liquid called a "cocktail" (I think the name is just to through you off so you will atleast try to drink it), blood work, and x-ray. The good part about having the stomach flu is that you don't really have an appetite either, so I don't feel too bad about not running much this week. I was feeling so good this week too. We were starting to add some decent miles to our week's total and then I get sick. Oh well, it's always something.

Patty said...

Sounds lovely, I am hoping you did not share those germs at work. Stay home until you feel better. We did hit the wind, coming back on the Heritage Trail but before it got too bad. We are going to rest tomorrow and are hoping that we can all get together for a run again on Monday. I think I plagiarized on of your post titles, sorry!

Picture Lady said...

Hope Marathon mom is well soon. The guys did not mention her battle with stomach flu...
I was at soccer in the cold wind this morning with the boys. Wish I could have run with you all, but I love the soccer so that puts me running solo... depending on your Monday run. 5 miles is just outside my comfort zone anyway. But do keep me in mind for the short runs.

Wanda said...

Hi.. just logging in on new PC