Monday, April 13, 2009

Too Much Easter

It was the three of us today and while Patty felt great, "C" and I felt awful. "C" was feeling a little under the weather, but we figured we would just do an easy out and back so that if she needed to turn back, she could do so anytime. Half way through our run, I was hoping she would want to turn back so I can turn back with her. I think I did a little too much over the spring break and my calves were really bothering me. In an earlier post, I mentioned that we hiked to the top of Catalina, but I really don't think it was the hike that did it. I think it was the 16 mile bike ride we did the day after. Cycling obviously involves different muscle groups than running, which I am now painfully aware of. I was seriously contemplating walking up the dirt trail. While I enjoy cycling on the beach, I do not like the aftermath and how it makes me too sore afterwards to run. I know. . . I sound like a wimp, but I felt like one too today. We all agreed not to post what our pace was today. I think I could have walked faster.

1 comment:

Picture Lady said...

WOW! Weekend Warriors maybe need their work week to recover :-)

I always think how lucky I am to be able to choose to run/exercise in the morning when I am fresh and energized by a nights sleep. You all exercise after a day of work. The up side you get to toss all the stress of the day to the street as you run. The down side is no recovery time when you work 5 days a week and then you must exercise after what sometimes can be an exhausting day.
I like mixing it up though~ biking, hiking,yoga, not just running all the time. But, in moderation. I keep hearing less can be more and for me it is!
Here's too a quick recovery and a better week ahead.