Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday Whining!

Ok I accidentally erased my post, so I will start again (sigh!). Two days made quite a difference running wise for me. Monday, although my friends were dragging a bit, I felt pretty good, my legs even had a bit of a spring in them, and I felt like I could have kept on going. Today however, was a whole different story! I spent the whole second half of our run with what felt like side stitches in three different places, and my breathing was so labored that "marathon mom" was afraid I was having a heart attack. I remember making some gasping, squeaky noise at one point and was shocked that my friends did not seem to notice. Well just a short time later our leader did stop for a second, apparantly to let me catch my breath. It never did come together for me on our run today, buy I am hoping for a better day on Friday for all three of us. I am starting to think there is some unwritten running rule that everyone can't have a good run on the same day. We managed to run our 4.25 paseo (wind run) at a surprising 9.4ish pace. I am really looking forward to wind free running in the near future!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

What do you mean Wednesday Whining? Don't we whine everyday? I did hear you make that strange squeaky noise, but I really didn't know what to make of it. I thought maybe you were trying to suppress a burp. It's hard getting back to running after a day at work and trying to cook dinner beforehand. I'm sure you'll be better by Friday. It's a good thing we all don't feel crappy all at once or else we would never get anywhere. And on the days we're all feeling good, watch out!

Patty said...

We do seem to complain quite a bit. Somehow I pictured our blog being an uplifting celebration of all things running. I feel a bit redundant with the constant complaining about my breathing, shoes and dead legs. Hmm, now that I think of it, that is what all "runners" do!