Thursday, April 23, 2009

Track Day

I'm not sure which is more exhausting, watching people run at a track meet or actually running yourself. Today was a perfect day for a track meet. No complaints for once. The weather was cool, but not too cold and the the wind gods were taking a break in SCV for the day. As usual, I took some pictures of the meet, but none of my own son actually running in a race. Last time when I posted some pictures of the meet, so many people asked me why I didn't have any pictures of my son, but I'm sure most of you with kids can understand that it's actually easier to take pictures of other people's kids than your own at a sporting event. You get so wrapped up in what's happening in your child's race. We also carry the weight of the pressure these kids are under on our shoulders too. When they have a good day, we have a good day and when they don't have such a good day, we feel their disappointments just as much, if not more.

3 comments:

Picture Lady said...

Thanks for taking the pic of my son. He hated lane 8 on that 400. I felt his disappointment and frustration.

I don't bring my camera for all the reasons you stated. But I should for those moments later when we look back at the pictures and fondly reminisce.

Nice blog.

marathon mom said...

My goal is to take a picture of my son during a race before this season is over.

Patty said...

Nice pictures, thanks for taking them! It is hard not to want to protect our kids from all the uncomfortable things in life, that is how they learn to be adults. I wish it was an easier lesson for parents to learn.