Monday, April 6, 2009

Recovery Run

This morning, it was just me and "C" doing an easy recovery run after our race on Saturday. "C" had a good point that we probably should have done some sort of a cool down after our race to flush some of the lactic acid out of our legs immediately. The lactic acid made my calves feel like a couple of lead bricks on Sunday. I really didn't think I'd be that sore and it's funny how different people feel it in different areas. "C" felt it more in her quads. I'm happy to report that we felt pretty good today. It's runs like today that make me realize why I enjoy running so much. The weather was great, we were running and chatting, not worrying about the pace, and there wasn't a feeling like we had to rush off to anywhere in particular. I needed today's run to bolster me up for Wednesday's upcoming hill repeats.

No comments: