Saturday, April 4, 2009

Race Results

Well we did it. We overcame our race phobias and ran the Women's 5k race at Central Park today. The day started out nice, but sure enough as soon as we were running uphill, a gust of wind started to pick up. I can't speak for my friends, but I felt okay throughout the race. I probably could have worked a little harder, but I really didn't feel like pushing it to the point of throwing up at the finish line. I knew too many people there. "C" finished in a time of 29.21, Patty at 27.32, and I finished in 25.51. This was my first women's only race and I have to say it was nice being in a race without all that testosterone in the air. Maybe that's why the race felt more relaxed and easy going for me today. Hhmmm? In the end, we all felt good about our race and good about the fact that we came and we did it. As I've always said, half the battle is just showing up.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Ok, I was editing my post and you were publishing yours. I was off a bit on the times, but my memory is older than yours. I hope I didn't make it sound too awful, because I really did have fun doing it!