Monday, April 20, 2009

Yes, We Are Hot!

I know what you are thinking, but it is not the matching pink shorts, or the matching neon water belts that I am referring to, but unfortunately the over 90 degree weather that kept us sweating today! We even postponed our run untill 6pm to give the temps a chance to go down a bit, but I still think it was over 90 when we started our run. We left from Cheesepark and entered the Heritage Trail from the dirt hill off of McBean (we didn't have the energy even at the start to go all the way to Copperhill). The good thing about running toward Heritage Park was the breeze that was blowing, not too strong, but it helped. We made it to the Heritage Park, and then back to Cheesepark via the dirt, hill trail, and managed to put in 4 miles at just under 10 min. pace. It was a hot, very low energy day, and we didn't try to push the pace at all, I think that was for the best. It was not the best run we have had, but it wasn't the worst either, and we got a chance to catch up on what has happened over the weekend. It has only been two days off running, but we never seem to run out of things to talk about! I do feel badly about complaining about the heat since all of our children were at track practice at 2pm in 100 plus heat. The weather man says it is supposed to start cooling down by Wed. and I am going to hold him to that!

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

Not only was it hot, there were tons of bugs which ended up in my mouth or on my skin. And to top it all off, all those cotton trees in the river gave me a severe allergy attack, which lasted for hours. I could barely drive home because I was sneezing every couple of seconds. Other than that, it was a great run (ha, ha). I think out of 365 days of the year, there are maybe only 5 days of perfect running weather in Santa Clarita.

Patty said...

It was a great run, considering I did not feel like running even a little bit before we started. My allergies were really affected also during the run and I have been sneezing and sniffling since. I actually think we are pretty lucky in Santa Clarita with the weather, but we are who we are and we will complain! I was thinking about "killer hill" today and how I would like to be able to run all the way up during a COC race but it would even be hotter than it was today. I am deluding myself.

Claire said...

100 degrees in April is just insane. It looks like I finally got my wish here as it is warming up quickly. We always seem to skip Spring and go straight to summer, but we've had about a week or so of lowish humidity, which is just lovely!

Just remember, "it's a dry heat"!

I feel you on the allergies-my biggest problem is running past someone's house with recently cut grass. Yuck.