Friday, April 10, 2009

Friendly Little Run

This morning with Marathon Mom out of town, C and I were joined by my teacher friend from work, and picture lady. We started at Lowe's and ran the 4 mile loop that takes us behind the Hart baseball fields and the car dealerships on Valencia Blvd. My friend from work has been telling me since we met, that she admires us ladies for running regularly and would like to join us at some point. She worried however that she would not be able to keep up with us, and might embarrass herself. Well knowing that she is 15 yrs. younger than I am, and as far as I could tell in good phyical shape, I thought she would at least be able to finish the 4 miles. Well, she forgot to mention to me, (I am sure she forgot!) that she ran track and cross-country in high school, and has continued to run on her own since then! Needless to say, she had no problem keeping up and I am not even sure she broke a sweat. It was really nice to have her out there with us, and the coffee and conversation afterward were the perfect start to our day. It is nice to have new faces to run with, and I hope that it will work out so that we can do it again. My friend and I were discussing a couple of people from work that are runners that could join us, let's see how that goes! Catalina sounds great, we didn't get any rain yet.

4 comments:

justme said...

i think she was not be very upfront !!! i am not good at running with other people b/c i feel like every one is faster than me. plus there is something about running that is solitary to me.

Marisol said...

What a fun blog you ladies have! Thank you for inviting me to run with all of you. I had a fun time and it made me miss running with people. I hope I can make it out again. You all inspire me... Happy Easter!

marathon mom said...

I'm sorry I missed the run. It sounds like you all had fun. I had my own workout with the family today. My glutes were already sore from yesterday's hike, but I wanted to get something in today sinced I knew you all were running without me today. We rented bikes from Newport Beach and rode all the way to Huntington Beach and back. Now I'm really sore and will probably not make tomorrow's run. Run without me and I will join you on Monday.

Picture Lady said...

Sounds like everyone had FUN ~ biking, hiking and running! I sure enjoyed the run with C, we commiserated on young-adult daughters while we ran. I too usually enjoy my solitary running, but it was a welcome reward running with the group today. Hope we can do it again next week. Love the blog lately :-)