Friday, April 3, 2009

Windy City?

Patty and I went for a short run this morning to shake out the legs before our race tomorrow. We are both hoping and praying it is not as windy as it has been. This morning was particularly bad because the wind was so cold. This wind is also wreaking havoc on my allergies and woke me up for the first time in my life with a terrible sinus headache at 3:00 a.m. this morning. I've been taking all kinds of allergy medicine through the mouth, eyes, and nose and it still doesn't seem to be helping.

At our kids' track meet yesterday, the wind was really bad. I'm not sure who I felt more sorry for, the kids or the parents sitting in the cold bleachers. The few pictures I took are posted on my photo gallery. I had a hard time keeping them from coming out blurry because I was shaking so much from the cold. I'm such a whimp! I really hope tomorrow is better.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Good luck tomorrow! I know you will all do great-a 5K is nothing compared to your 1/2 marathon! It was windy today here too, so I feel your pain.

I love that your short run to stretch your legs is my long run. Someday I'll be saying the same thing as you gals. Someday!

Picture Lady said...

Good Luck tomorrow...
“Run like hell and get the agony over with.” ~ Clarence DeMar

...HAVE FUN and
buy the tee shirt :-)

marathon mom said...

Thanks for the good wishes. Like I told the ladies, at the very least we finally get a t-shirt that we may actually wear. That's atleast worth the $25 entrance fee, plus it's going to a good cause-Singles Mothers Outreach.

Patty said...

I'm going to bed tomorrow will be here soon enough. Thanks for the good wishes.