Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spent!

I wonder how long it takes to really recover from having the stomach flu. I just know that my legs just felt really spent, especially on that last hill. I'm sure those of you who run are familiar with that feeling when you feel as if there is no more fuel left in your muscles. Patty and I ran from Cheese Park down to Heritage Park and back at a pace that really surprised me considering how I felt. On our first two miles to Heritage we average 9.09 and I knew we were running fast because at one point I asked Patty why we were running so fast. She said she was just trying to keep up with me and all along, I was just trying to keep up with her. Overall, we averaged a 9.22 pace for our 4 mile run today. I'm very happy with that since my legs just felt like jello the whole way.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I'm sorry to say that it really took me a while to feel better again from being sick at Easter, and I didn't even have the full on stomach flu.

I'm still not back to running my regular times, but I think it's much easier for a "newbie" like me to fall out of shape.

I hope you are feeling 100% again soon. Although 4 miles while not feeling well is pretty awesome in my book! :)

Patty said...

I feel unusually tired tonight, it's just past 8:30 and I fee like I could fall asleep with no problems. I was happy with the run, our pace was good, but the legs were not feeling it today. I should really be taking advantage of the fact that Marathon Mom has been under the weather, by leading the way, but today I felt like I was just trying to keep up. Maybe next time!

marathon mom said...

I don't think I had it bad either, but I really couldn't eat for two days. I think that's what is really draining me right now. "Newbie" or not, it sucks being sick and it takes so long to get back to your old self regardless of how long you've been running.