Thursday, April 16, 2009

They Get It From Us?

I'd like to think our kids get their natural running ability from us, but I'm sure the other half would disagree. I know they get their enthusiasm for running from their moms, but you would never know it with all the whining and complaining we've been doing lately on this blog. Today was another track meet for our kids and it wouldn't be a VHS track meet without the gusty winds. Patty and I were really optimistic this morning when the skies were still and winds were calm, but by the time we got off of work, the winds were howling again. I am so sick of the wind! Here we think up various routes and trails that we can run in order to avoid the wind as much as possible and these poor kids have to run circles in it lap after lap. There's only so much you can tuck behind the person in front of you to avoid the wind, but when mostly everyone you're running against is a stick figure, there isn't much room for cover. These kids have guts.
A few more photos from the meet are on my photo gallery site.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Nice pictures,where are the ones from your son's race, he did awesome!
I am so glad our parents don't come out and take pictures when we run, think about that one for a while. I hope the next meet is not windy, but then again it could be very hot! Be careful what you wish for.