Monday, June 1, 2009

M.O.R.E. Monday

I know it's not a very original or particularly catchy title but it's all I've got. I met Marathon Mom, and C at Cheesepark for a 4 miler to Heritage Park and back. The weather was mild, but humid and it made my mouth feel like the desert. I haven't run since last Thurs. so I wasn't sore, I did spend the day yesterday, walking all over San Diego, but since my 77 yr. old mother-in-law did also, I don't feel I can in any way complain. Marathon Mom ran 6 miles with her hubby, and he was so inspired by running with her that he is thinking about blogging about it. I have a similar effect on my hubby! Since Marathon Mom did not share with us the pace we kept, I have to assume that it was nothing to brag about, so I won't. All I will say is, that it was nice to be home running with my friends, and even though I am looking forward to the coming weekend with my non-running friends I want to get in as much time with the M.O.R.E. girls as I can before I go. We are going to try it again on Wed. Do you think they will take the weekend off while I am gone? I would like to think they would in solidarity, but I know better.

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

I thought for sure you would post something about your "Good Morning" comment to the gentleman running. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't breath and had to stop. Despite the humidity, I didn't have a hard time with my breathing until the laughing fit, but my legs were a little tired. I'm looking forward to the day off. We were actually doing pretty good with our pace until we intentionally slowed down at the last mile. We were keeping it under 9 going down to the park and in the low 9's going back. It ended up averaging 9.5 because of the end of the run.

Patty said...

I think you threw me off when you seemed to remember him, I guess I just felt familiar. I was totally committed with my "Good Morning" you have to give me that. Where is our official greeter "M" when we need her? I am glad you got a good laugh out of it.