Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy National Running Day!

Even though today is National Running Day, I almost didn't run. It's been one of those weeks when you forget what day it is and your normal schedule is all out of wack. My friends and I had plans to run in the afternoon, but then I had to cancel on them thinking that I had to take my son somewhere at 4:30. As soon as I dropped him off at 4:30 and drove around the corner, I realized that his appointment time was actually 6:30! I called to let him know, but they had an earlier time open for him and it actually worked out okay. Uugghhh!

I was feeling really tired, but I dragged myself and my husband on a run from home to our hilly paseo route for 3.25 miles. Boy was I dragging! I'm glad I did go out because I ran into someone I work with who also happened to be running. I've been trying to talk her into joining us and training for the marathon with us. Just like me, she hears her biological clock ticking and feels that she better do it soon 'cause we're not getting any younger.

On a funny note, my husband was so happy with himself for running "9" miles so far this week. Unfortunately I had to break it to him that we start all over on Monday so the 6 miles we ran on Sunday doesn't count toward this week's total.

I hope you were all able to go out for a run today on National Running Day, no matter how short. Patty sent me this link to Deena Kastor's perspectives on running that I really enjoyed. I found it inspirational and hope you do too.

http://www.deenakastor.com/

1 comment:

Picture Lady said...

I feel like did my homework... I RAN on National Running Day :-)
It has been a busy week and the end of school... I have been tired also.
As a kid I loved the last day of school and the first day of summer break. But as a mother of 3 with my youngest half way through high school, it seems more like a ticking clock of change... time running out. Soon all 3 of my children will be adults with the responsibilities that make summer break just a good memory of childhood. Carpe Diem!