Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Family Affair

Today I dragged my husband and son out on the trail with me. I'm sure they can't wait for Patty to get back from her trip so I would leave them alone. My husband ran with me while our younger son rode his bike. We ran to the San Francisquito River trail from our house and down to the old train bridge and back up the east side of the river trail toward Copperhill, back to our house for just over 8 miles. I have to say I'm not crazy about this route because it its torturous to have to run by Peet's Coffee and not stop for a cup. My legs were a bit tired today so I could have used the caffeine. As we finished, I commented to my husband about this run being the furthest that he's run in a long time. He surprised me by telling me that it was the longest run since high school! I guess you learn something new even after almost 21 years of marriage.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Wow your hubby has been my stand-in this week, what a guy. If he is ready for a rest, I am ready to get back out there and run as much as possible before I have to go away for my son's graduation on the weekend. I did run once while I was away, but I know it wasn't very far. It felt good to sweat a bit though and since I spent the rest of the time lounging or eating, I figure even a bit of running helped.

Picture Lady said...

Go hubby!!! That's farther than I can run... I would have relegated myself to biking anything OVER 5 miles. My hubby helped me plant a Crimson Point Flowering Plum tree in the back yard and bought me some running gear at the new Dicks store that opened this weekend. He likes that I run. It was a great weekend to run any distance. But, kudos to your guy.

c said...

Hey thanks for waiting on us. It is amazing what a run can do for ones perspective on things ! I know it helped a certain someone (with the face issues ) come back a different person !!! See u both in the morning at Peete's. C