Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Bit of Sun Please

When I got ready to go run this morning, there was a little bit of blue sky showing and I felt encouraged that we may see some sunshine today. Unfortunately as we got further into our run at Central Park, the clouds thickened and the sun was nowhere to be seen. I now know I could not live in the Pacific Northwest. Today we had a larger than normal group, which consisted of myself, Patty, C, C's two daughters, and "See N Sun". It felt like we were running faster than our usual pace, and we attributed it to the younger runners in our group today. Central Park is okay to run at if you're wanting a shorter run, but what it really lacks is a coffee shop. I'm looking forward to tomorrow at Peet's.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Be careful when you ask for sun, I am not minding running in the cooler weather. If the COC series had weather like this, I wouldn't have an excuse not to run. I am off to Dr. B to see if he can fix my neck, it felt a lot better after our run today. Looking forward to Peet's coffee tomorrow.

marathon mom said...

I just want to see the sun for a little bit. I am okay with the cool weather. Did your son have a good run today? Could you tell that they were trying to avoid us at all cost?

Patty said...

They absolutely were trying to avoid us! He had a good run but is finding out that everyone feels the same way about things in the long run. See you tomorrow!