Friday, June 5, 2009

Commencement

When I was younger, I often wondered why graduation ceremonies were often called commencement ceremonies, but now the term seems to fit. When one chapter ends in your life, another one begins, and as one door closes, another opens. As someone who works in the education field, it has been an extremely stressful week with people coming and going, teachers losing their jobs, and others being transferred. It is sad to see some of my new friends leave, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to get to know them. As today's quote states, we all graduate everyday. My youngest son graduated from junior high this week and will begin high school in the fall. How did he grow up so fast?

On my first official day off for the summer, I had plans to go running in the morning with "C", but she was not feeling well and had to cancel. I hope to get another run in by this Sunday since Patty texted me from Palm Springs saying she got to run this morning :(

No comments: