Thursday, June 25, 2009

No Clubs to Join

As I dropped off my youngest son at cross country practice tonight, there were a bunch of women at the track for their club workout. I don't want to mention the name of the club, but it's a national chain mom oriented club geared toward motion, such as running or triathlons. When you join and pay your $75 annual fee, you get a cute pink shirt with flowers on it. There were quite a lot of women there, probably close to 40-50 of them. At first when I heard about this club, I was interested in finding out what they were all about. But then as I watched these ladies with their workout, I realized this isn't at all what I would be interested in. I like our group much more. We are not a club, there are no fees, no membership form, and there really isn't a planned workout. We are an informal group of friends that get together to run and socialize. I think both are equally important to most of us that run together. I didn't see a whole lot of socialization going on with this group, just timed running. I would like to one day get a "uniform" for our little group. We've been talking about it for some time and I know Patty was working on some little logo for a while. Who knows maybe we'll start a trend of our own, but on a M.O.R.E. personal level.

No comments: