Saturday, June 27, 2009

Family Running!

I was moping around a bit tonight because I am going to have miss the long run with my friends tomorrow morning. My hubby and #3 son came to the rescue and agreed to go out for a run with me, even though the hubby had already put in 4 miles this morning. My son was more than happy to bring his new Garmin to keep track of our mileage, and set out ahead of us with a piece of chalk to mark the miles. I planned that the hubby and I would run 5 miles, (I didn't want to wear him out), and the son was plannning on putting in about 7 or 8 miles. We started at Heritage Park and ran toward Pavilions to meet up with the trail there, and head out to the South Fork. The first 2 1/2 miles was pure torture, sun in the eyes, no breeze and dead legs. I was really looking forward to turning around when we reached our mark. Of course the husband, being a bit on the competitive side kept going after we saw our son and we made it to the 3 1/2 mile marker before we turned around. Once we got to the South Fork, our run turned from torture to pleasant and my legs had renewed bounce. Most of the way back we kept a good pace, there was a nice breeze and the downhill really made a difference. I will be a mile behind my friends this week, but I am so happy that I was able to get out with my family and make it through another run. My feet are a bit sore, and I feel like going to bed, but I will be sleeping in a bit while my friends are out running their 8 miles in the morning. You go Girls! BTW we ran our 7 miles at a 9.16 pace (confirmed by the son, he's a math major so I'll take it)

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

That's an amazaing pace. I'm glad you were able to get the miles in. I don't think I'll be as dedicated as you next week when I'm out of town. Perhaps being up at 8000 feet counts for only doing 1/4 of the distance?