Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Fun Run

We had a fun run today from Peet's coffee this morning. It looks like Friday is the one day that we can all try to reconnect and run together. Patty, C, and I were joined by Sea N Sun and Karen, both from the school Patty and I work at. We ran an easy 4 miles since the heat was already bearing down on us. It wasn't too bad once we got to the South Fork Trail because of all the shade from the trees. I guess we should just get used to it because summer isn't even officially here yet. We are all planning on running with the marathon group this Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, except the 6:30 a.m. part! At least it won't be as hot that early. It's nice seeing our running group grow, it makes the runs a little less boring and keeps the conversations interesting. Later while we were at Peet's enjoying our coffee, Mary and her daughter joined us. They went toward the train bridge and saw that it was closed so . . . in typical Mary fashion, went through the riverbed that me, Patty, and C were too chicken to cross a few days before.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Running with Mary is always an adventure! I really have enjoyed running this past 2 weeks while I was off of work, because our group has been bigger, it has been fun, and I hope it will stay that way even though we may have to run in the evenings. Marathon Mom is trying to get us to run in the track meet next Tues. ugh! All I have to say is no matter how bad it sounds, it's usually fun with a group of good friends.