Monday, June 22, 2009

Good Start to a New Week!

I met Marathon Mom, and our work friends M and K tonight at Central Park for an evening run. We were trying to beat the heat so we started at 7pm which was just perfect. It was an easy 3 miler, and we kept the pace at around 9.4. The time seemed to pass very quickly with all of us chatting pretty much the whole time. It amazes me when I mention to my kids, husband and any man in general, that we spend our runs talking, and they all say that they would "hate" to have to talk to someone while they were running. I must say, that I look forward to our runs, and our talks, it just makes it all seem a little bit easier, the running and life in general! We missed our friend C who has a new job that starts very early in the morning, she was too tired (understandably) to run with us tonight. Hopefully she will get used to the new hours and will join us again on Wed, for our COC run.

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

I was thinking our run seemed to go by really fast too. It's probably partly due to the talking we do, but I also think it's because we've been running longer miles so the shorter runs seem even shorter. It's been a long time since we ran at COC. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Patty said...

We are getting used to the longer miles. I felt like we ran less last week, during the week, but the long run on the weekend really bumped our mileage total up. I am looking forward to doing something different and seeing how I do on the hills.

Claire said...

The talking is what makes all the difference for me! I did a short run with Moxie this morning (short is all I can handle these days) and she was very quiet, no fun at all.

I am very lucky in that my husband seems to do okay with talking when we run, my best runs are always with him.