Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Running

This morning was our first official run of Summer Vacation! We are all off for the summer break, or in my case, until Summer School starts. Marathon Mom, C, and I ,met our teacher friend "M" at Lowe's this morning to kick of our summer running. We all look forward to the summer and to being able to run in the cool of the morning, instead of the heat of the afternoon. This morning was especially cool, as June gloom is in full swing and seems to be lasting for the entire day. As far as running goes, there is not much we can complain about, except maybe that it is a bit humid. We all started off with jackets, but soon peeled them off and had to run with them around our waists for the rest of the run, (lesson of the day, don't wear a jacket unless there is frost on the ground!). I could tell when we started that our pace was a bit faster than usual, and I am sure it has to do with our new friend, who is not only younger than we are, but as I have mentioned before, used to run competitively in High School. Marathon Mom kept that pace going and we managed 4.25 miles at a very respectable 9:15 pace. I felt like I was just trying to keep up today but the legs were pretty fresh, even after a short 3 miler with C last night. The best part was getting to sit at Starbucks afterward and chat, catch up, and plan our next run. I hope my friends won't get so comfortable with these morning runs that they won't occasionally run in the afternoon with me when I am working!

5 comments:

marathon mom said...

It was so nice to finally have everyone together for a run. It amazed me that our younger friend was able to run with us at the pace that we did after not running for almost 2 weeks. She can be dangerous if she seriously starts to train. I'm looking forward to our next run at CP (Central Park!)on Thursday. I'm enjoying the cool mornings, but I do miss seeing the sun. I think it's been overcast for the last 3-4 days and it's really making me sleepy all of the time.

Patty said...

This weather is making me sleepy and I am not getting anything done. It was so nice to sleep in today but I am not getting much accomplished. I am glad we have a run scheduled for tomorrow because I have been eating non-stop. I am actually going to make chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight because it is just so cold!

c said...

Hey I am only able to comment on Tye's computer which makes me very excited just be able to do so ! I did enjoy our run also and I just hope I can keep up this summer because it is needed therapy for me ! What is with this weather ? I really enjoy running in it though. Thanks for putting up with me through all my drama and I only hope for less and less of it. My pool invitation is always open (if it ever warms up) for anyone that wants to come over. See you in the morning tomorrow ! C

marathon mom said...

Yeah! I'm so excited that C finally posted. Now our followers can see that you actually exist and not some imaginary friend we made up. See you tomorrow.

Patty said...

I always thought it looked like we made her up to make it seem like we were more popular than we really are. Come on "C" you are going to have to really hang in there with us and prove you are the real deal. I was so glad to see your comment. You will have to post on the day you are allowed to wear the pink shorts!