Monday, June 15, 2009

More the Mary-er

This morning we were joined by our friend Mary. We haven't seen in her in a while and it was nice to have her join us once again. Me, Patty, C, and Mary struck out from Cheese Park on the paseos toward Helmers and down toward the bridge crossing McBean. From there we entered the river trail back up towards Cheese Park. The entire loop was 4.0 miles and we ran it under 10 minute miles, which is respectable considering the hilly terrain. I did panic a bit when we were almost back at the park and saw construction workers along our dirt trail by the power lines. I was afraid that this road was also closed and we would have to turn and go back another way like we did the other day. It seems we all had a rather busy weekend so it was good to be able to get this run in.

4 comments:

Patty said...

The weather was nicer this morning when we ran than it has been the rest of the day, I am glad we were able to get out when we did. I was so exhausted yesterday coming home from graduation that I considered flaking out on you guys this morning. I wanted to post about my son's graduation but need the hubby to get me the pictures. It was an exciting, proud, sad, and very emotional day, very bittersweet. My son is happy though and did great job, in a very fast 4 yrs.

marathon mom said...

"Exciting, proud, sad, and very emotional day, very bittersweet". That pretty much sums up the life of a mom. I am now ready for a nap because this weather has turned ugly again. Atleast I saw some sunshine this morning.

Picture Lady said...

Sounds fun... I always enjoy Mary, she always sees the bright side of things, the glass half full. I exercised also this morning and thought the the day would be warmer. The weather has been kind to runners.
:-)

Patty said...

The weather will be warming up, we will be remembering these gloomy days fondly by this time next week. Who will be up for running in the evening once I start work? So much to do so little motivation!