Sunday, March 22, 2009

Uncomfortable Run

I knew it wasn't going to be good, but I managed to get myself and my husband out of the house for a run. We ran 5 miles at Central Park at what seemed like a snail's pace into the wind. Running into the wind, our average pace was over 10 min., which explains our overall pace of 9.43. It literally felt like I was running in place when trying to run uphill into the wind. On top of the wind, everything felt uncomfortable on me. I kept having to readjust my Garmin and my water belt constantly! And my clothes felt like they were pinching me everywhere. My husband was very thrilled with himself at the 5 miles since he normally only runs between 2.5-3.0 miles at a time.

I was really looking forward to sipping coffee with my friends and getting things off my chest that have been keeping me up at night, but the rain had other ideas. I guess I'll have to save it up for our wine night.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good for you, I keep looking outside and hoping the wind will die down. Are you going to feel like running tomorrow afternoon? I was looking forward to coffee with the girls this morning too.

marathon mom said...

Yes, but I probably won't be able to get there until 4:45. Is Cheese Park okay?

Patty said...

4:45 is fine for tomorrow, I will plan on it, Cheesepark is great. I was very lazy today, I can't use the cold and wind as an excuse two days in a row!

Picture Lady said...

I love your Charles Dickens Quote!
"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." ~Charles Dickens
Spring is my favorite time of year. Maybe because I endured so many eastern winters and the thought of spring, Easter Chocolate and longer days of light and sunshine is so invigorating.