Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hangover Run?

We missed the real Hangover Run on New Year's Day at Vasquez Rocks so the ladies and I decided to have our own version of it today. And to make it truly a hangover run, we made sure there was alcohol involved the night before. Six of us gathered at Wine 661 last night and enjoyed sharing a glass or two or three of wine, some appetizers, and good conversation together for a ladies night out. We really had a fantastic time and vow to do it again. Hopefully our friends that missed this round (k.o.) can make it next time. Unfortunately we had such a good time, that C, Patty, and I arrived for our run this morning with a slight headache. We actually modified our original plan to try to get 7 miles in and instead ran just over 5 miles from Peete's Coffee. We even managed to push the pace a little for the last 2 miles giving me, Patty, and C an overall pace of 9.14; 9.26; and 9.48 respectively. Our headaches never really got worse with the running, but mine never really went away. That's when the coffee afterwards is really good!

1 comment:

Patty said...

This morning's run was really great, nice weather, slow-starting, but once we got going it just felt good. The best part was getting to sit and have coffee for a bit with the girls, I have really missed Peet's coffee. The cherry tarts are not doing me any good, my clothes are tighter than ever, so I guess I am going to have to show more restraint in that area, but it sure was good! See you on Monday @ 4:45, Cheesepark.