Monday, March 23, 2009

Feelin' Good

Patty, C and I had a nice run today. I'm not saying it was easy considering that we did hills and the water tower, but we all felt good afterwards. I was actually surprised that my legs weren't sore since all I heard from my husband today was how sore he was after running with me yesterday. Running the paseos kept us shielded from the wind. Too bad Patty's son didn't join us and decided to run the bike trail, but I couldn't blame him. I'm not so sure I would want to run with a bunch of moms either if I was a college kid; however, I think our way was much better! Unfortunately, he probably had to wait around in the wind until we returned. The price one has to pay for being young and fast.

3 comments:

Patty said...

It was a good run today, and we did the right thing by staying on the paseos, and avoiding the inevitable headwind we get on the Heritage Trail. The kid is much younger he can take it. It is nice to post about a good run for a change, and I for one am happy about that, sometimes I feel like such a complainer. I know that our few readers(OK,family members) will be encouraged to know that it is not all bad and be inspired to get out there and run. That is what this blog is for after all.

Claire said...

Wonderful news-a great run is always good to read about! I will be leaving in a little bit for my run so hopefully I can follow in your footsteps, so to speak.

Picture Lady said...

I'll take "younger and faster" any day over older and the unexplainable aches and pains of an aging body which causes me to whine a lot according to my kids! My hip bones never recovered this week from last weeks abuse! Plus a little stomach upset that comes & goes ... What to do?

Well, I'm glad to hear you all got together for a nice run after being rained out Sunday. I hope to join you all again one day next week for one of those "easier!" runs :-)