Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Runner's World is Reading My Mind!

Is it a coincidence that following our run on Sat. and the aforementioned "cherry tart" I ate, I came home to an article in my inbox about "post-run eating? " Well maybe, but yesterday after our hill run, I came home to check my e-mail, and what was in it but an article on"conquering hills." Kind of spooky don't you think? I am a long time reader of "Runner's World" magazine, and when I ordered the magazine for my daughter-in-law for Christmas, I entered my e-mail address to receive little tips and race notices. Well little did I know how helpful they would be as this week has shown. My husband unbeknownst to me, has let my subscription lapse and I will have to re-subscribe, because I realize that I miss sitting down and getting inspired by their articles, and the endless information they give on running faster and better. Here is the link for the article on hills, at first I didn't think I needed it because I don't choose to run races that are hilly, but then I remembered the dreaded "killer" hill on the COC course that I have yet to run all the way up during one of the summer races. Maybe this will help!


http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-263-264-1877-0,00.html?cm_mmc=training-_-2009_03_31-_-training-_-TRAINING%3a%20Hill%20Specific%20Strength



3 comments:

marathon mom said...

I tried the link, but it isn't working for me. I'll try to find it on their site. It's funny you mention the C.O.C. races. When we were running the hills on Monday I was thinking that route would be a great training run for the Summer Series. It's a mile longer than the race and it has some challenging hills and rolling hills toward the end of the course, which is just like C.O.C. We'll have to train more on it when it gets closer to summer :)

Picture Lady said...

I get runners world mag./newsletters also. I don't always read them. But, I've been overwhelmed with work, family and home duties lately. So, I took a look at the hill training articles. But also noticed the "yoga for runners" articles! I have skipped yoga the past 2 weeks with everything needing more attention and now wonder if my hips would have preferred YOGA!

Patty said...

I think yoga is very good for runners, they have running specific exercises that would probably do us a lot of good. The only problem is finding the time for all of it! Hope your hips feel better.