Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It Wasn't Pretty!

C and I made it out for a run together this afternoon, and even though "it wasn't pretty" we were glad to have made it through. It seems like so much time had gone by since we ran together, and we spent the whole 4 miles, just catching up on eachother's lives. We both agree that we are due for new shoes, it seems we all bought new ones right about the same time. I don't know if it was the shoes or not, but I was surprised at how fatigued my legs felt. I expected them to be nice and springy since I had not run Monday, and boy was I disappointed. Hopefully we will be able to run again tomorrow with K, and there will be something left in these "old" legs. Regardless of whether it was a great run or not, it was nice to be out in some nice weather, with a good friend.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I think I am due for new shoes too! I keep thinking about getting them but haven't gotten around to it.

I had to give my legs a rest today-4 days in a row was just too much for them. Even Moxie has had enough of running-she wimped out on the Army Man today and had to turn around and head home.

It seems like most of my running days aren't pretty!

marathon mom said...

The kids were on the track today and there was no way that M and I were going to run in front of all those other parents so we took off for the trails. We also ended up doing 4 miles. Going out we were going slightly on an incline and were looking forward to running down river on the way back, but there was such a strong headwind that it was quite miserable and cold. In the end, we did okay with a 9.16 overal pace.

I went to practice without my younger son because we have decided that he is no longer going to run track. He is far more interested in jujitsu. He has a smile from ear to ear when he is on the mat. That is all that a parent can ask for. Running is my thing and I think he felt obligated to continue with it because he's been doing it for so long since he was six, but it certainly has never been his passion. In the end, all we hope for is that our kids find something that they are passionate about and stick with. It's sort of sad to see this chapter in our lives end, but we're welcome to come join them at practice any time so the door is never closed. Having lunch with a good friend today made me realize how important it is to let my younger son form his own identity rather than always living in the shadow of his older brother or his parents.

Patty said...

It is hard to let go of what we want for our children, and let them find their own way. The lessons we learn as parents are the hardest lessons of all. I know that talking things over with a good friend always helps me see things a little clearer. Let's hope we can continue on with what we love, and that each of our children find something that they love just as much!