Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Running with the Husband

Since I am off of work for the rest of this week, I enlisted my husband to run with me this morning. I had written it on the calendar, because I knew early in the week, that my friends and I would not be able to get together today. It didn't look good when I woke up to the sound of pouring rain, (i questioned letting my brand new 16 yr. old driver take himself to school in it) I figured that a run was out of the question, but around 9:30 the husband and I noticed the rain had almost completely let up, since there was some blue poking through in the distance we figured it was just a matter of time until the skies were sunny so we headed out. I wanted to show him our route from Chesebrough Park because it is very close to my house and I thought he might like it. When we got to the park though, it was just pouring and we decided to head back home, no sooner did we drive half a mile and the rain slowed down to a sprinkle again, so we turned back. We ran in a light rain for about a third of the run, a pretty good headwind for the next third, and sunny skies for the last third. I have to say that I am very glad that we decided to go out despite the weather, because today I felt the best I have in a long time. My best guess is that we ran around a 9:20 pace and it felt good the whole time. Whether it was the coolness of the air, or the stepped up hill and speed work we've been doing, or maybe just the company of my husband, it doesn't matter, because now I will go out for my usual run and hope that I feel as good as I did today!

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

Today was a "run with your husband" day. My son and I went to his track practice and the entire way there, it was not raining. Of course as soon as we stepped on the track, the skies opened up again and a steady downpour began and therefore practice was canceled. When I got home, my husband asked if I wanted to run with him and since I knew I wasn't running until Friday, I took him up on his offer. We ran from our house to Helmers and continued on the paseos to Bridgeport and back for just over 3 miles. On our way there we ran into M and some of the other Storm kids and coaches who decided to stick it out to see if it stopped raining. It never did rain on us so I'm glad I was able to get out there.

Patty said...

It was nice to run with the husband today. He kind of laughed at me as I was trying to chat and I said "it was really nice out", I was referring to the cool weather, he thought I meant the strong head wind.

Claire said...

I'm glad you got a chance to run with the husband! I really enjoy when I get a chance to do that, although it has been quite a while for us.