Sunday, March 8, 2009

How Far Did We Go?

It was another beautiful day and there were no excuses for not running, it was warm but not too warm, slight breeze but no wind, and nice and sunny. The husband and I decided to try the "train bridge" run because I had described it to him, but he didn't know exactly where it went. We started at Heritage Park instead of Peete's because we weren't going to have coffee afterwards so there was reason to begin there. Just after we crossed the bridge there is a gate now and that was locked so we had to hop over the fence (I don't think they want us back there). Other than that it was a really nice run, my legs are feeling good, and I felt like we kept a pretty good pace, I even unconciously started speeding up for the last half mile, because that is what K always does and I guess my body is just used to it. I kept a good pace until the last 10th of a mile when I just felt like I was done, that is the usual for me also. So far this week I have shown the husband 3 of our regular routes so maybe he will have some new places to go on his regular runs. I have really missed running with my friends though and hope that this week will work a little better with all of our schedules. My husband has been very patient with me and impressed with our various routes, and much improved pace, this he mentioned several times (he also scolded me for running down the middle of the "Heritage Trail" at the end of our run today). Oh well girls, I need to run with you now, I think I have worn him out. I would appreciate a feature on our blog with our favorite routes and what the mileage is for those times we aren't together, either that or I will have to invest in a Garmin.

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

You're right, we do need something on our blog that tells us how far certain runs are because we keep second guessing ourselves. I'm glad you were able to get your run in. You didn't say where you turned to go back to Heritage. Did you make it up to Decoro and then headed back to Heritage, or Newhall Ranch, or the bridge over by Panera? I think if you went all the way to Decoro, it might have been around 4-4.25, but that's just guessing. Did you check your time? That could be a fairly good estimator too.

Patty said...

Nice job, very helpful. We did get to Decoro on our run today and I was hoping that it was at least 5 miles, if it was under then I am not sharing our time. It was a really nice day for running, I hope the weather this week is more of the same. Thanks for the route info, sometime C and I run and we are always guessing our mileage. If I ran 4-4.25 today then I put in a bit under 15 for the week.

marathon mom said...

I finally swam today and the water was not as cold as I remember it. I swam 16 laps and thought my arms were going to fall off! I forgot how hard it is to swim. It is definitely a cardio workout. I think my arms and lats will be sore for a while.