Thursday, March 26, 2009

MORE Volunteers


You can say that when we're not out running, we're out watching our kids running. Today was our kids' first league track meet and it was very exciting to be at the finish line helping out and cheering for all the kids. As runners, we appreciate how hard all of these kids work. We take nothing for granted. No matter where they finished today, we are very proud of our kids and the fact that they go out there day in and day out and push their own personal limits. I was able to take a few photos of the meet before my MORE friends discovered me on the other side of the fence dodging my duties. You can view the photos by clicking on the link to my photo gallery on the right side of the page.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Great pictures! Laura was so excited to see her Grandma and Uncle Andrew this morning! :)

Patty said...

You need to post a warning "do not double click this picture wrinkle-explicit material". I seriously have 10 chins, I look like a Shar-pei! Don't you have Photo Shop? The meet was fun and when they last for 5 1/2 hours, working the finish line sure passes the time.

Picture Lady said...

Awesome!
Great blog and great quote.

As a mom I'm hopelessly emotional and this made me smile and tear up!
My kids can make my day or break it. Yesterday was a good day and I was excited for all of them with fond memories of being their age.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,..."
Carpe Diem... Seize the DAY!