Friday, March 6, 2009

Grumblings

This week has not been a good week for running, whether it be by myself or with my friends. It looks like this weekend is not going to be much better. It seems that with the start of our kids' track season, our own running has taken a back seat. We had plans to scope out Mentryville on Sunday, but it looks like that may not happen. The only running I've been doing is with little kids and a husband and that has made me a bit grumpy, not to mention the fact that I stood out in the cold until 7:15 last night timing the high school meet. I'm really hoping that next week will be better.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I'm right there with you, grumbling and grumpy! I haven't run since last Thursday due to a combo of bad weather and chest congestion. Our weather is beautiful now, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a run tomorrow. I will aim for just a mile, hopefully I can't fail!

Patty said...

I guess you picked up on my mood when we talked. I can't hide my feelings for a minute, and I guess I don't try too hard. I have managed to get in some good runs with the husband, but am missing running with the girls. I know that the schedule this week has been out of the norm and we will all adjust but it has truly put me into a bad mood. My husband will be glad when I let him run his own route at his own pace, and go back to running with the girls which puts me in a much better mood!

Picture Lady said...

Yes, this week has marked a change in my routine also. My leg/hip joint problem has not improved and in some ways seemed worse. My oldest athletic daughter convinced me to take a few days off from running and that is helping. So I have alternated some yoga and upper body weights.
My husband has a bit of stomach flu this week... but we never exercise together... I am 5'1" ... he's 6'2".
Like you all, my focus also has turned to my son's sports, but I'm an early riser and enjoy the solitude of morning... not grumpy, just busy and struggling to stay organized. I've heard that what we imagine as order is merely the prevailing form of chaos. I guess some weeks we just don't notice.

Maybe a lady's night out to share our family hurdles and individual exercise success and failure some weekend is a more reasonable goal?