Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cherry Tart, Not So Smart!

Everyone, who knows me, knows that I loved my baked goodies, I love to bake them and I love to eat them. It should come as no surprise that one of the things I look forward to the most when we run is the coffee and pastries after our run! Now I am no dummy, I realize that the baked goods are not calorie free, and my ever expanding muffin top is there to prove it, but I read this article about post-run fuel that drove home the fact that what we eat, especially after the longer runs will really make a difference in our next run. I even read something earlier this week on how important it is to eat something in the fifteen minutes after a run, they were appalled with the people who would wait to eat until after they showered (I am guilty). Here is the link to the article, maybe you will find it useful in making better choices than I do. I will miss my Cherry Tarts! http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-301--13072-0,00..html?cm_mmc=nutrition-_-2009_03_26-_-nutrition-_-DIET%3a%20Recovery%20Meal

4 comments:

Claire said...

I was just talking about that the other day with the husband. I always wait way too long to eat after I run, sometimes even two hours. I know it's not the right thing to do, and I need to work on it. I will have to go read the article.

PS. I love your title, it made me laugh when I saw it!

Patty said...

You are good, I was trying to fix the link while you were commenting. I hope it works for you, let me know if it doesn't. Makes you think of me doesn't it, my family especially knows how I love the baked goods!

marathon mom said...

That cherry tart was sooo good that I was looking online for a recipe that you could try for us. I still think you should try to make one. We just won't consume it immediately after our run. We'll wait a couple of hours. No seriously, I was very much tempted to walk out and head over to McD's to get us our egg sandwiches, but it's so hard to walk out of Peete's once you smell the coffee and see all those tasty treats. That's why I brought the money in my belt so I could head immediately over to get the sandwiches before I was tempted. Unfortunately, I forgot all about it until we got to Peete's and then it was too late.

Patty said...

I was also looking for a recipe for that Cherry Tart but didn't find anything that looked similar. I think you need to use the tart cherries, pie filling wouldn't be the same. Let me know what you find, I will try it!