Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Slackers

We decided to sleep in a little or "slack" off a bit and start our run a little later today. Even the girl behind the counter at our usual Starbucks noticed that we were running late today. It was a gorgeous day for a run, but I think the cyclists thought so too with the greater than normal amount of cyclist out on the trail. We were dodging bikes every so often from each direction. Throughout our run, the word "slacking off" or "slacker" kept coming up and I was getting quite annoyed by the word. Maybe it had to do with the lack of running recently and the low amount of mileage we've been accumulating lately. I'm hoping we'll be able to change that real soon and be back on to a more regular schedule. If today's run is any indication, I think we're on the right track.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am very happy with my mileage for last week, and so glad to be running more than once a week. I would like to get an earlier start, the Starbucks girl really took me by surprise when she noticed how late we were. I'd like to get out early enough so we don't have to rush through our coffee afterwards, which is my favorite part!