Monday, January 26, 2009

First Fall

I've been running for several years now and I've never fallen while running. I've come close and I know many people who have fallen and ended up with bruised noses and scraped elbows/knees. I've never been in that category and technically speaking, I am still not. We always see those runners on the street corner jogging in place while waiting for the light to change. Well I'm not one of those runners. I never jog in place and there's good reason for it. I'm not coordinated enough to do it. Tonight I tried running in place while waiting for the light because it was so cold out and Patty and I weren't quite warmed up yet. I don't know how it happened, but my foot slipped off the curb, then the other one followed and the next thing I know my a** slams down on the curb. It was quite embarrassing and funny at the same time. So you see, I didn't technically fall WHILE I was running. As for Patty saying she had to stop because she felt winded, I know it was really because she was having a hard time breathing from laughing so hard at me. It's okay Patty, I'm just glad you're back out there running with me.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I fell once running down Seco, while they were building the mini mall that is there now. I was trying to look like I was running effortlessly past all the construction workers and tripped over one of the barricades. I didn't notice that there was a metal leg sticking out and I took a pretty bad fall, scraped up my leg, which left an oozing sore and a huge scar that didn't fade until the next summer. You are used to me not paying attention to what I am doing, but you really took me by surprise. What a friend to try and cheer me up that way!