Friday, January 16, 2009

Misery Loves Company

If you read my previous post, you could probably tell that I was rather upset at myself for not doing any form of exercise yesterday. I mean, it's not like I have any excuse like an injury or anything and so because I felt like a complete couch potato, I decided at the last minute to go on a 3.5 mile run from my home this morning. While I'd like to report that I had a wonderful time on my own, I have to say I was miserable. I probably feel miserable on all of my runs, but my friends usually distract me from how I'm really feeling with our bantering back and forth. I'm glad I decided to run, but it certainly was not a pleasant experience. I really could have used the company.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I truly wish I could have been miserable with you. I am looking forward to tomorrow's run. I have cut it down to one a week, it really is miserable!

Claire said...

Maybe that's why I can never run very well, I'm always by myself!! I have to admit when I run with others I usually do go farther than when I'm by myself.

I hope soon you are all able to run together again. I love to think about you all out running through SCV, it makes me so nostalgic to hear about the local places you run.