Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Temporarily Grounded

I know it has been several days since anything has been posted and that is because there is nothing to post about! After our very enjoyable run on New Year's day I spent the next day doing a bit of shopping with son #3 and apparantly wore the wrong shoes, because my foot has been giving me trouble ever since. The constant complaining, limping and ugly shoe situtation finally forced my husband to strongly suggest that I stop running until I can see the doctor again. As much as I did not want to agree to this, I had no choice, since it has been over a month and I still have pain. It isn't that bad when I run, but acts up when I try to do normal walking around in shoes other than running shoes. That is why we haven't posted anything about the wonderful runs we went on, while our friend was in Yosemite, because there haven't been any. I do know that C and our friend Mary were supposed to go out together this morning, so I will hear about that later, hopefully they had a good run. I am going to the doctor on Thurs. afternoon so hopefully he can give me some good news, or I will miraculously feel better with all this rest. I am trying to keep the ice on it when I can and taking the Ibuprophen, so I am doing what I can. I'll let you know what the doctor says.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I can't believe your toe is still hurting!! That stinks, plus I don't like to hear what it means for shoe-wearing. I hope that you will be completely better very soon!

marathon mom said...

I was wondering why there were no posts about your runs while I was gone. Were you wearing those stiletos again Patty? (ha ha) I do hope you feel better soon. Yosemite was great and will post tomorrow about it. Right now I have tons of laundry to do and then dinner out for hubby's birthday!

Wanda said...

This is a test comment.