Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shoe Mileage

It's almost track season and I started thinking about new trainers and spikes for both of my boys. Then I realized I'm probably due for a new pair too. As moms we think nothing of dropping hundreds of dollars on new running shoes for our kids, but when it comes to us, we tend to procrastinate. In fact, one of my friends who also happens to be a frequent follower of this blog, had the same pair for maybe 3 years! I'm happy to report that she finally purchased a new pair for herself and is back to running everyday. I've always heard that you should buy a new pair of running shoes when you reach the 500 mile mark or when your hips start hurting, but after some research I've realized that there are other signs as to when you might need a new pair of running shoes. Below is a link to some helpful hints:


http://running.about.com/od/shoesapparelandgear/f/replaceshoes.htm


As for me, I'll be buying another pair of Newtons soon.

No comments: