Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ski Run


It was nice to get away and enjoy the beautiful winter scenery in Yosemite. Although I didn't technically do any running while I was up there, I did keep myself quite active. On our first day, I did a half day of downhill skiing and a half day of snowboarding. The conditioning from running definitely helps in all other sports. I didn't feel as tired or winded as usual even at over 7200 ft elevation. The only thing that felt tired were my arms toward the last mile of our 6 mile XC ski trip on day two. On the last day, I only did a half day of downhill skiing. What I really enjoy about going to Yosemite is that there is no cell service or wi-fi. That means my kids actually had to talk to ME for a while instead of texting their friends. We really enjoyed some quality family time and even got a pretty mean game of Monopoly going. I swear I was the only one not cheating, which accounts for why I was the first to go bankrupt. You can view some more pictures of Yosemite on my link at the right to my photo site.
I am looking forward to getting back to running so I hope Patty will be given the all clear to run soon. I also hope we can get on a more regular schedule this year, which is pretty difficult when you not only account for all of our very different schedules, but also our kids.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I see the doctor tomorrow, though I am not sure what to expect and am dreading the "more rest" prescription. I am feeling very sluggish and in need of a run to perk me up and clear my head. I am glad you are back, Yosemite looks beautiful!