Sunday, January 18, 2009

At least She's Out There

Well that is what the husband and I always say when we see someone running who is in obvious distress. That is what I felt like yesterday morning when I ran with the girls from Lowe's. I had really wanted to particiapate in "Ben's Ten" which is a ten mile run which starts at Lowe's and takes you out to the Southfork Trail, and back. I knew my foot and lack of running were going to keep me from running ten miles, but it was a nice morning and we figured we would go as far as we could. I didn't make it a mile before my stomach started churning and it kept me miserable for the rest of the run. The nice thing about my running friends is that they are always willing to stop when one of us is having trouble. I felt really bad about ruining their run and even though we were able to get around 4 miles in, I slowed everyone down considerably. I really contemplated about posting something that wasn't positive and full of news about what a great run we had, but I don't think I will have anything great to post until I get past the injury issues. The only good news is that I have such good friends that are willing to wait so I don't have to run under the bridge by myself and will sit and share a cup of coffee with me afterwards. I can't really complain, because "At least I'm out there".

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

We have all been there at one time or another. You know how we always talk about that "one perfect run" that keeps us going? It will be a miracle if that ever happens for all of us at the same time. Meanwhile, we will all cycle through our ups and downs and look forward to our coffee at the end!