Monday, January 26, 2009

A Run and a Laugh!

I was finally able to get out for a run today with my friend K, and I must say that it really felt good to be out there again. I am not talking about the icy cold wind that was blowing, or the fact that I had to stop and walk because I was having trouble breathing, or even my stomach which hasn't been quite right since the last time I ran. I'm talking about how good it feels to be out running with my friend, even though I slowed her down quite a bit. We got to talk, which I have really missed out on, and we had a good laugh when K fell off the curb and ended up flat on her butt. I have to give her credit, she laughed just as hard at herself, as I laughed at her, it was so unexpected (what a great video that would have been). We really missed C and M, and they missed a good laugh! I agree with the girls, that the run from Cheseborough Pk, is my new favorite, and it is close to home which is very convenient for me. Hopefully as the days go by I will pick up some endurance and a little more speed, but for now I am glad to be back out, running and laughing with my friends.

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

Im glad I gave you (and everyone else driving down McBean) a good laugh at my expense. I knew you've been feeling down about not running so I wanted to cheer you up.