Monday, January 19, 2009

Change in Weather?

Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew they were predicting rain for later this week, but it was such a shock to me to wake up to cloudy skies. Yesterday my family and I spent the day at Carpenteria and it was so warm and beautiful that I really didn't expect this sudden change. It was actually nice out this morning and the cloud cover actually kept the temp slightly warmer. It was just me and C since Patty was feeling a little under the weather. I hope she gets well soon. I know how she really hates to miss our runs. As for M, she mentioned something about her legs being really pissed off. We originally planned on running at Hart Park, but I'm glad we didn't. I asked my friend's son who runs for Hart about the trails at the park and he indicated that they were rather steep, although he has never been on the back trails where the buffaloes are kept. I looked on Google Earth last night and it seemed quite hilly, but it's hard to tell from the aerial vantage point. I tried to measure the distance and it looks like one loop would be about 1.5 miles. Who knows, maybe we'll get there one day.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I am glad you had a good run, I am sorry to flake out on you yet again. I am especially sorry to C who I was supposed to pick up at the car dealer, thanks K for doing my job. It is a bit past 5pm and I finally took a shower and changed out of my pj's. I am in a real funk and so mad to be sick again, things have got to get better!

marathon mom said...

At least you're up and able to post. That's always a good sign.