Friday, January 23, 2009

Sick and Tired

Well, I am going to post about something other than running because I have no running news to post. I was told by my friend that it was OK to use this blog to whine, and so I will but not too much. I have spent the past (almost) week going from my bed to the chair and not having the energy to even read or watch TV. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and he loaded me up with prescriptions that hopefully will kill whatever it is that has lodged in my chest. I have to say that I can tell the difference today already. I also heard from my other doctor and he says I have a bone bruise from when I stepped on the rock and that is why it has been so slow in healing. I will try to be a good patient and go to physical therapy (doctor's orders) and hopefully it will start feeling better in a couple of weeks. It already has been since Dec. 3rd and I am not a patient person! The thing that bothers me the most is that I feel I will be starting over, just a little over a month ago, I had finished the half marathon, conquered "the beast" and even though I didn't break any records or post any great times, I could really say I was feeling strong with the running. Ugh! Now I will have to play catch up with the girls, and to their credit they are very patient, but this is hard for me and I know that my family would really like it if I got back to the running, and in a better mood. I have whined and now I will stop.

4 comments:

Claire said...

I see you and I were in the same mood last night while posting!! I see nothing wrong with posting about non-running frustrations. It is so hard to be kept from doing something that we enjoy and quite honestly, need. I get so grouchy if I go too long without running.

I can't believe your toe injury is causing you so much trouble. That is just awful. I'm glad you will be doing the physical therapy so you can recover completely. I am hoping that by the spring, we all will be back on track (just in time for it to get hot).

marathon mom said...

Okay, when I said it was okay to "whine" while posting on this blog, I meant WINE not whine! Ha ha, just kidding. It looks like the rest of us are not doing much running either with this weather, so it's as good of a time to be sick and injured, if any.

Patty said...

Well the "WINE" I could do! I was thinking about meeting you guys for coffee after your run this morning but the weather did not cooperate. It is getting bad when I dreamed all night that we were running, down Soledad of all places and for some reason I wasn't running much. Wow I need to get out there. Did the Boys win their soccer game, they didn't put it in the paper?

marathon mom said...

It must be bad if you're actually dreaming about running. I don't think I've ever dreamt of running, that would be a nightmare. Ben's team lost 0-1, but it was a good game, probably one of his better games.