Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

What a nice way to start off the first day of a new year than running on a beautiful morning with your friends. Sure beats sitting on the couch watching reruns of Pride and Prejudice while knitting because one is too sick to run with friends. There were lots of folks walking and riding their bikes along the trail probably trying to live up to their New Year's Resolution. What I do know about our running is that its not some phase or resolution, but rather a habit now. Patty expressed it well when she said she hopes to still be running 20 years from now. Well I'm sure my friends will continue running while I'm in Yosemite. I will have to use my GPS when I'm XC skiing. I wouldn't want to fall too behind in the miles!

1 comment:

Patty said...

We posted at the exactly the same time, that is so strange. I am looking forward to a day off from running tomorrow, have a safe trip!