Saturday, January 10, 2009

Daggers

I could feel daggers in my back as we were climbing the switchbacks behind Helmers. Patty swears that she told me she only wanted to do 4 miles, but I really don't remember that part. Maybe it's selective memory. Perhaps it's because in the back of my mind I thought the loop would be just over 4 miles anyhow because that's what it is from my house, but I guess running the bridge at Copperhill adds about 3/4 of a mile to it. Oh well, it's a good thing I was up a ways with one of C's daughters so I wouldn't hear the swearing behind me. She also helped us keep the pace honest. We did a loop starting from Albertson's at Copperhill down the bike path to Decoro and up the paseos behind Helmers and back towards Northpark and then finally back up north on Mc Bean to Copperhill. I enjoyed this route because it had a little bit of hills, but not too much. I also like the fact that we start on a slight downgrade which gives our muscles time to loosen up before hitting the hills. Next time, I think we should tackle the hill at the water tower, but only if we're going in reverse so we don't have to run the switchbacks right after running to the tower. Next run Monday.

2 comments:

Patty said...

It was daggars you were feeling on that last half mile or so. The week off, did not do me any favors as far as conquering the hills. I did better than I thought though and if my *!#* foot didn't hurt I know it would be an easy run in no time. (Cartoon swearing doesn't count as real swearing) C and I were only commenting on how nice your hair looks, no real swearing.

TuTu's Bliss said...

LOL This reminds me when my husband took me oon a "short" hike 9months pregnant. I nearly gave birth on the not so short trail!