Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Twin Day!

Today Marathon Mom and I showed up to run wearing the same outfit. If that wasn't bad enough it was the pink shorts, white top outfit, so it looked like we were wearing a uniform. It isn't like it was the first time we had worn the same thing (all three of us have the shorts) but since it was only the two of us running, (we were missing C), we looked like we had planned it. We started from Heritage Park and headed toward Bridgeport, trying to recreate the pleasant run we had last week on that route. We immediately knew we were in trouble while we were jogging our warm up through the park to the trail, and we couldn't breathe. I knew it was going to be a long 4 miles! The weather was downright hot, and the wind has been blowing like crazy. It all took a toll and though we made it through, (no bragging about our pace today) it was just plain hard. It was one of those runs, where you agree with your partner that if it always felt like that, we would quit. We will try again tomorrow and hopefully do better, but I have to say if it is going to be a bad run, at least I have someone to complain to "Misery Loves Company" To make our lousy run, and embarrassing outfits even worse, we saw two of the kids who go to the school where we both work. They looked a little scared of us with our hair up and our adorable matching outfits, I am sure we will hear about it tomorrow!

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

Hey it could have been worse. We could have also been wearing our matching water belts. Also, I hate to break the bad news, but we only ran 3.6 miles. I know it felt like more, but it wasn't. That was funny when we passed by the sprinklers and then all of a sudden you weren't next to me anymore. You were taking an extra long time in those sprinklers. The other day when I ran with my husband, the only thing that saved us on the water tower trail was that the sprinklers happended to be on at the same time.

Patty said...

I am really disappointed that it wasn't 4 miles, my legs hurt like it was more than that. The sprinklers saved me, I wanted to shower in them but you wouldn't slow down. I'm going to bed early to try and get my energy back, it is missing this week.

Picture Lady said...

I'm not looking forward to the warmer weather when paired with running. I can NOT enjoy running in the heat. I did my 3 miles with my 21yr. old daughter yesterday MORNING. It was the first time I "RAN"/ jogged with one of my kids. I was thrilled! I've certainly spent my share of time walking the sidelines, watching, encouraging, comforting and worrying with them. Time heals all~ A new phase in my life... and I'm loving it. I did have the benefit of her bad knee to slow her down.