Thursday, May 14, 2009

Misery and Pain!

Not much good to say about today's run except, we did it. Marathon Mom was nice enough to meet me near the golf course where my son takes lessons so we could get in another run this week. We started at Meadows park and ran through the paseos until we reached the South Fork Trail. Once we hit the trail we headed toward Magic Mtn. Pkwy until we reached the two mile mark and then we turned back around. It was hot and terribly windy AGAIN, and that seems to really affect my breathing. I felt like I was gasping for breath the whole run, we slowed down the pace and it didn't help much at all. I couldn't wait to be done, and was lucky I brought the water, because my mouth was like the desert for most of the run. The dry mouth gave me an excuse a couple of times to stop and take a drink, but I really just needed to stop running. I feel like a newbie runner and have much sympathy for people who run, race or in my son's case play basketball with asthma. I think mine is pretty mild, but the hot and windy conditions seem to really be a trigger (I did use my inhaler today, it was useless). I am watching "Survivor" however and the really annoying "Soccer Coach" guy is complaining about his asthma, and he is a Dragonslayer. Maybe I can overcome! The pain part was Marathon Mom's sore leg, and I am hoping that if we rest a day and go out early on Sat. we will have something positive to post about next time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our friend C today!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

Every day I ran this week, I kept thinking "it's got to get better". I even thought the new route and scenery would change things for the better. So far, no such luck. I have absolutely no desire to run the Summer Series at C.O.C. this year after running in this little bit of heat. I think I have Patty convinced to agree with me on this. I am so sore and tired after today's run and I'm not even sure why that is. Yes, my leg hurts from when I walked/ran with the dog on Monday, but everything else hurts too. As I was sitting in my car waiting for my son to get out of his martial arts class, I swear I doze off a few times. I apologize to all our followers for being so whiney lately, but that is how it is sometimes (most of the time).

Patty said...

It never did get better, I am sore also, like I ran 10 miles. It has to get better, we have run through the last two summers and were fine, I have to believe it will get better. Sorry my post was so wordy, whiney, I did alot of talking about myself!