Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Good Thing

It's a good thing we never did go for a run today at 4:15. With husbands out of town, kids birthdays, driver's license tests, and life of a mom in general, we never got a run in together today, which really was for the better. I had a half hour opportunity to go for a quick run around 5:30 today and it was soooo hot, I couldn't have imagined what it would have been like at COC at 4:15. What were we thinking!

This week as I try to juggle the many responsibilities of being a mom, I came upon this study done on the value of our jobs at home. According to salary.com, when accounting for all the work that stay-at-home-moms do and compare it to industry standards, moms would make about $122,732 per year if they actually got a paycheck for what they did. While it would be great to have this money, we are richer in other ways. We enrich the lives of our family by doing our "mom" jobs and the payment we receive is love, something you can't put a price tag on. More info about the survey is at the link below. Salary.com has been doing this survey for the last nine years and I guess our "pay" went up this year even in this economic downturn.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/what-is-a-mothers-work-really-worth-456608/

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am worried we are not going to run together this week. The wind and the heat are going to be around for a couple of days I think, I am crossing my fingers for tomorrow. Sorry we are such lousy friends and didn't stay to keep you company, I felt bad!